Any combination of requirements, which provide knowledge and abilities necessary to perform essential duties and responsibilities, will be considered.
- High school diploma or a GED (General Education Degree) or equivalent combination of education and work experience that provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work;
- One-year mechanical experience;
- Two years of related industry experience, either with MRC Global or with a similar work environment;
- Strong knowledge of, or ability to learn, products and processes;
- Basic mechanical knowledge of gearing, bearings, and moving assemblies;
- Basic knowledge of electrical and pneumatic type equipment usage (e.g., pneumatic and electric tools, fixtures and test equipment);
- Basic knowledge of electricity and electrical components;
- Knowledge of and ability to use basic hand and power tools;
- Ability to learn and operate material handling equipment;
- Ability to establish working rapport with local management, technical inside and outside sales representatives, warehouse associates, and other branch personnel using proper phone etiquette and other effective interpersonal skills;
- Typing and computer skills, including MS Office (Outlook);
- Knowledge of or ability to learn MRC Global warehouse business processes and software;
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment;
- Ability to learn and be proficient in working with mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic valve automation assemblies;
- Ability to read and translate schematics and P.I.D.s.
- Must have the ability to provide documentation verifying legal work status;
- Ability to read and speak the English language proficiently in order to communicate with others, understand and interpret safety instructions, and to respond to inquiries;
- Ability to understand and comply with MRC guidelines and expectations, to include Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest guidelines.
For position-specific details regarding the physical and mental demands and working conditions, contact Human Resources. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform essential functions.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.